One of the most important decisions you will ever make as a parent is selecting the right school for your child, and choosing between education systems can frequently be difficult. Although they share some similarities, CBSE and IGCSE schools both provide high-quality educational options. We’ll go over these differences in this blog post so you can decide which school system would be best for your child’s future success.
The type of curriculum that is offered by IGCSE and CBSE is the primary distinction between the two. The IGCSE curriculum is a comprehensive and well-known program that places more emphasis on real-world applications than on conventional theories. Strong language, communication, and analytical skills are also encouraged, as are global perspectives. However, CBSE schools typically require students to memorize facts and place a greater emphasis on theoretical instruction.
IGCSE Board: What Is It?
Students between the ages of 14 and 16 worldwide can earn the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE). This two-year program is available in many countries, including India. It covers a wide range of subjects, including English literature and language, mathematics, the sciences, and the humanities. Schools that offer IGCSEs also emphasize the critical thinking and problem-solving abilities that are necessary for success in the twenty-first century.
How Does CBSE Board Work?
India’s national education board, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), offers a curriculum for students in grades 1 through 12. It is well-known for its rigorous academic standards and is one of India’s most popular education boards. In most CBSE schools, students are encouraged to memorize facts rather than develop analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
Principal Distinctions Between IGCSE and CBSE Schools
The principal distinctions between IGCSE and CBSE schools are as follows:
- The IGCSE program is more extensive and emphasizes practical application as well as strong language, communication, and analytical abilities. CBSE, on the other hand, typically places a greater emphasis on theoretical learning.
- The IGCSE emphasizes critical thinking and problem-solving abilities while also fostering international perspectives. However, CBSE does not emphasize these abilities.
- CBSE schools are less expensive than IGCSE schools because IGCSE schools place a greater emphasis on international education and require more resources to provide high-quality instruction.
- While the CBSE curriculum is more popular in India, the IGCSE curriculum is recognized worldwide.
Some benefits and drawbacks of the CBSE and IGCSE Following an understanding of the differences between the two, parents will be able to make an informed decision based on the benefits and drawbacks.
CBSE has advantages and disadvantages:
Cons of CBSE:
- Supports holistic development.
- Recognized by the Indian government
- Students can prepare privately for exams.
- Until they reach the 8th grade, children aren’t supposed to fail.
- In 10th grade, board exams are optional, and in 12th grade, board exams are mandatory.
- The fees are affordable.
- The unavailability of a variety of subjects to choose from
- Theoretical knowledge is given significant importance.
- Exam scores are used to evaluate students’ abilities.
Benefits of IGCSE:
- There are a wide variety of subjects to choose from.
- The best board for continuing one’s education abroad
- Supports knowledge-based learning
- The opportunity to retake an exam if one is dissatisfied with their grades A copy of their answer sheets and a request to recheck them are allowed.
- Higher likelihood of finding good jobs.
- Develop skills that help them adapt to any situation.
- Expensive fees
- Only available in English
- Requires a lot of effort due to its rigorous nature.
Why are IGCSE schools in Kerala different?
- Convenience: IGCSE board tutors hope to save a lot of energy and time by working from home, where they can provide students with the most value.
- Tailor-Made: The goal of experienced and enthusiastic teachers is to bring out the best in each student. Each child learns differently. Some people learn quickly, and others take their time.
- Goal-oriented: Experts can enhance the learning curves, subject knowledge, and skills of all students. The IGCSE online tuition option strives to provide students with a solid foundation for success in the face of growing competition.
- Focused: The portal focuses more on concept-based learning to help students reach their full potential. In the meantime, we do our best to teach and dispel doubts among children in grades 6 through 8 without exhausting them.
Compared to the CBSE curriculum, the IGCSE curriculum is more diverse and covers a wider range of subjects. Additionally, IGCSE schools typically have better resources and smaller class sizes. Students who attend IGCSE schools typically perform better academically than students who attend CBSE schools. IGCSE schools in Kerala are a great option if you’re looking for a Mangalore international school. IGCSE schools in Kerala are the best schools in India, where the education for your child is of the highest quality.