Flooring is an essential component that defines the aesthetics of a commercial property. Many commercial sites dealing with the public must create and maintain a lasting image. Flooring may also play an important part in providing comfort to employees as well as customers. Businesses have various options for flooring, but before you select any flooring, you must know your requirements. Whether it is Commercial Flooring in Devon or Commercial Flooring in Exeter, your selection should consider the type of commercial site you have, the traffic your site experiences, and your budget. We will discuss the Pros and Cons of some of the most popular flooring options to help you select the best one for your business site.
Ceramic tiles have been used as a flooring material for decades. These are used for both residential and commercial flooring in Exeter.
- Ceramic tiles are highly aesthetic. They are available in a broad range of colours, shades, and designs and can match any type of interior.
- They are versatile and can be installed in various rooms, including bathrooms, kitchens, bedrooms, hotel rooms, offices, and many more.
- They are resistant to moisture and fire. This makes them ideal for commercial sites such as commercial kitchens and toilets. For example, in hotels and restaurants.
- They are available in several varieties with different physical properties, for example, anti-slip tiles.
- They can be easily cleaned with just a damp cloth.
- They are hard and brittle. They can easily break. Their hardness also makes them relatively less safe for children and older people.
- Although anti-slip varieties are available, most of the ceramic tiles are slippery. If you have a commercial site that needs flooring and experience high customer traffic, it might not be the best choice for you because they don’t have good sound absorption properties.
Resin or Epoxy Flooring
Resin or epoxy flooring are the same thing. It has found extensive application as a flooring option in residential, commercial, and industrial properties.
- The resin creates an amazingly smooth and levelled surface which is highly flexible and can tolerate heavy traffic.
- Their flexibility makes them safe for children and older people.
- The resin creates permeable surfaces that allow adequate water drainage and protect your property from water contamination.
- Resin can be used with various aggregates of different colours to clear incredibly unique flooring patterns and designs.
- They require very little maintenance and can last a lifetime.
- Resin flooring requires the services of highly skilled professionals.
- The initial cost of resin flooring may sound relatively high, but the cost benefits are hard to ignore.
- UV-protected resin flooring might be a better option to prevent decolouring.
If you are looking for an eco-friendly flooring solution and a unique interior for your office, lobby, or dining area of your restaurant, bamboo flooring is one of your best options.
- Bamboo flooring creates a unique interior that is minimalist and aesthetic at the same time.
- When it comes to wooden flooring, bamboo is one of the most affordable options.
- Bamboo is highly durable, and properly installed flooring can last decades. It serves well in places with high human traffic.
- It is eco-friendly and hypoallergenic, thus facilitating a healthy and safe environment for your employees and customers.
- Bamboo flooring installation requires a high level of skills.
- You may have to use mats or pads underneath furniture to protect your bamboo flooring from scratches.
- Selecting the right quality of bamboo may take time as varying degree of quality is available in the market.
Carpet flooring never seems to go out of fashion. They have been here for hundreds of years. They are used in both residential and commercial settings.
- The aesthetic value that carpets add to any interior is unmatched.
- They can provide considerable comfort to employees and customers.
- They can help maintain room temperature and, therefore, reduce reliance on your central heating system.
- A large variety is available for various prices, making them available to every other business.
- Carpets absorb sound much more quickly than other flooring materials, so if you are looking to reduce noise in your commercial premises, carpets can help.
- They can easily get stained and damaged, especially in areas with high traffic.
- They are less durable than other flooring options.
- They are sensitive to climatic conditions and other environmental factors such as moisture and humidity.