How to Make a Small Cardboard Box House Making a small cardboard box house is an easy way to create your very own home on a budget. All you need is some cardboard, some tape, and a little imagination.
Upcycling Ideas: What to do With a Small Cardboard Box
Most people think of cardboard boxes as nothing more than packaging material. But did you know that you can actually upcycle small cardboard boxes into something much more useful and creative? With a little bit of imagination, there are all sorts of things you can do with a small cardboard box.
Here are some upcycling ideas to get you started:
Make it into a storage container.
Cut out one side of the box and use it to store items like office supplies, craft supplies, or even food. If you want, you can decorate the outside of the box with wrapping paper or fabric to make it look more attractive.
Turn into a planter.
Cut out a hole in the top of the box and fill it with soil. Then, plant your favorite flowers or herbs inside. You can even decorate the outside of the box with paint or markers to give it a unique look.
Use to create a DIY photo booth.
Decorate the outside of the box with fun props like hats, glasses, and mustaches. Then, cut out a hole in the front of the box and take turns taking photos with your friends.
Make it into a jewelry holder.
Poke holes in the top of the box and thread a piece of string through. Then, hang your favorite necklaces, bracelets, and earrings from the string.
Transform into a memory box.
Decorate the outside of the box with pictures and memories. Then, use it to store items like keepsakes, tickets, and other mementos.
With a little bit of creativity, there are all sorts of things you can do with a small cardboard box. So next time you have a box that you’re about to throw away, think about upcycling it into something new and exciting.
Supplies Needed to Make a Cardboard Box House
There are a few supplies you will need to make a cardboard box house:
- -A cardboard box that is big enough for your child to sit in or play with
- -A utility knife
- -A cutting board
- -A straight edge (ruler or yardstick)
- -Tape ( duct tape or packing tape)
- -Decorations (paint, markers, crayons, stickers, etc.)
First, you will need to cut out the door and windows of the cardboard box. To do this, trace the outline of the door and windows onto the box with a pencil. Then, use a straight edge and utility knife to cut out the door and windows. Be sure to cut slowly and carefully so you don’t accidentally cut yourself or the box.
Next, use tape to reinforce the door and windows. This will help to keep the door and windows from falling out when your child is playing with the house.
Finally, it’s time to decorate the house! Let your child use their imagination to make the house their own. They can paint it, color it, or add stickers. It’s up to them!
Now your child has their very own cardboard box house. They can use it to play pretend, store their toys, or even take a nap. It’s the perfect place for them to use their imagination and have some fun!
Making a cardboard box house is a fun and easy project that you can do with your kids. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to make a small cardboard box house.
- Gather your materials. You will need one large cardboard box, one smaller cardboard box, scissors, tape, and markers.
- Cut the large cardboard box in half. These will be the two sides of your house.
- Tape the two halves of the large cardboard box together.
- Cut a door and windows out of the large cardboard box.
- Decorate the outside of your house with markers.
- Cut the smaller cardboard box in half. These will be the roof of your house.
- Tape the two halves of the small cardboard box together.
- Place the small cardboard box on top of the large cardboard box.
- Your cardboard box house is now complete!
Tips for Making a Small Cardboard Box House
Cardboard box houses are a fun and easy way to make a child’s playhouse. If you have a large enough box, you can even make a small version for your child’s dolls. Here are some tips for making a small cardboard box house:
- Choose a box that is the right size for your child’s dolls. A large box will be too big and a small box will be too small.
- Cut out two doorways and two windows in the front of the box.
- Decorate the outside of the box with paint or markers.
- Cut out furniture from cardboard and decorate it. You can also use plastic furniture for the inside of the house.
- Make sure the house is sturdy by taping all the seams inside and out.
- Put some pillows and blankets inside for the dolls to sleep on.
- Add some toys and accessories to the house.
Making a small cardboard box house is a fun and easy project for any child. With a little bit of creativity, your child can have hours of fun playing with their new playhouse.
Read more on tefwins.com