You won’t ever need to think about compatibility because this device supports both 2.4GHz 300Mbps and 5GHz 867Mbps models, making it appropriate for all router types. You can watch online games and 4K videos by simply connecting your computers, laptops, mobile devices, smart TVs, Roku, and Alexa. The wavlink wifi extender setup can also function admirably as a wireless access point even though it lacks a repeater option. Wavlink range extenders can be configured using the WPS feature or a web browser. With the aid of the built-in Ethernet LAN, you can link your Chromecast, Firestick, or smart TV.
Setting up the Wavlink Wireless Extender in Repeater Mode
- Place your Wavlink Wifi Extender Setup near to your router, ideally between 5 and 10 feet away from it or inside the same room.
- You will now notice that the Extender’s light is red and blinking.
- Turn on WiFi on your laptop or mobile device, then connect to Wavlink-N or Wavlink-AC, which is the usual extender network name for Wavlink.
- On your cellular devices, launch a browser such as (Google, Firefox, Safari, etc.).
- You must enter wifi.wavlink.com or 192.168.10.1 in the URL or Address field.
Note: Contact our expert or go to the official website, ap.setup, for assistance with your Wavlink WiFi extender.
Wavlink wifi extender setup via manual method
- Enter admin as the username (all lower case) for the first time you enter into your Wavlink wifi extender setup, and then click Log In.
- You must make a password for the Wavlink Wifi extender setup web management login before clicking “Save” on the system setup screen.
- Select the WiFi extender option from the available operating modes on the screen.
- You must choose the primary WiFi network you want to expand in the following stage. It will display a list of all the networks that are accessible in your region.
- Enter the password for the wifi SSID you’ve chosen to expand.
- Depending on your needs, you can either continue using the same SSID as your router or create a new network identity specifically for your extended network.
- The Wavlink Aerial must be linked to your router for at least 60 seconds.
- The Aerial X range extender can be placed where Internet connectivity is required. In the event that the Extender’s Light is blue, the signal is excellent.
Wavlink Aerial Setup as Access Point
- Close to your network, plug in your Wavlink Aerial.
- Connect your laptop or mobile device to the Wavlink network using either the Wavlink-N or Wavlink-AC default moniker.
- Open a browser and type wifi.wavlink.com or 192.168.10.1 into the search bar.
- For your first access to your Wavlink extender, type admin.
- The system setup will ask you to select a time zone and create a password for the system management.
- Make a New SSID and Password, select LAN Bridge or Access Point, and then click Apply.
- Your router and the Wavlink extender should be connected by an Ethernet wire. View the manual.