Are you looking for the simplest ways to modify the cache amount in QuickBooks Enterprise? Then, you are at the right place and you don’t need to look any farther since this article will provide you with all the details you want to fix the cache amount in QuickBooks enterprise. So make sure to dive into the blog till the very end.
Instances when the cache amount needs correction in QuickBooks Enterprise
- The cache amount issue could appear while updating QuickBooks Desktop to the most recent version.
- The cache has to be adjusted when installing the most recent version of Windows.
Methods for Adjusting cache amount in QuickBooks Enterprise
For Fixing the cache amount in QuickBooks Enterprise, you need to follow the given two methods with given steps.
Method 1: Editing the QBW.ini file.
- Visit the server on which the company files are stored.
- After that, open the QBW.ini file in Intuit.
- Upon opening the QBW.ini file, add the following values to the DBSERVEROPTIONS section:
MaxCache = 512 (‘Unlimited’)
InitialCache = 256 (‘None’)
- Save the file after that.
- Press Enter to make the.ini settings effective.
- The following steps should be taken when executing a Server only install:
- Open the command prompt by typing cmd into the Run box.
- In the Command Prompt, enter net stop QuickBooksDBXX.
- Also, type net start QBCFMonitorService before typing net stop QBCFMonitorService.
Method 2: Manual procedure to correct the cache amount for Server-Only Install
- First, use the start menu to open the command prompt.
- In the command prompt, paste the following: “HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesQuickBooksDBxxParameters”.
- Check the numbers that come after -ch and -c. It is crucial to remember that the Enterprise solutions work well with the setup listed below.
-c 256M and
- Verify if you have entered the above data correctly.
Step 1: Editing the registry configuration
- After saving all of your work, including your company file and other important data, log out of QuickBooks Desktop.
- To stop the QuickBooks Desktop Database service, open the command prompt, and type in ‘stop QuickBooks DBXX’ into the box.
- Then, press the Enter key.
- After that, go to the Windows Registry (by typing Regedit in the Run window).
- Now modify the values in the following registry location:
‘’ HKEY LOCAL MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/QuickBooksDBxx/Parameters.’’
- The values must take the form given below:
-qs -gd -n QB SERVER NAME ALL -c 128; ALL -gk all; ALL -gp 4096; ALL -gu; ALL -ch 256.
Step 2: Recommendations from Intuit
- Use -ch 128M for -ch 512M.
- The format for values must be -n QB. NAME OF SERVER -qs -gd ALL -gp 4096, ALL, and ALL.
- Also swap out -c 128M with -c 256M.
- Add -ch 512M in addition to -ch 256M.
- If the settings are at the recommended levels, there is no need to alter them.
- Before continuing, make sure to save your modifications.
- Next, type ‘’net start QuickBooksDBXX’’ in the command prompt.
- Now access the Company file.
You may also read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 4120?
We hope that the information in this article helped you to fix the cache amount in QuickBooks Enterprise. If you need any further assistance, Our QuickBooks Support expert team is available 24/7 to help you, so just ring our QuickBooks support experts team a call at 1-800-761-1787.