Finding a server rack can be difficult, especially if you have several options to choose from. You can get an open-frame rack, an enclosed rack, a desktop rack, or a wall-mount rack. However, each rack type is specific to different situations and requirements.
A mounting rack is an inexpensive way to optimize your workspace and keep your network equipment off the floor if you have limited space.
What function do network modules serve in switches? Networking modules are a part of the hardware that helps expand existing network systems by adding interfaces. You can use them by plugging them into a switch or router.
If you are perplexed about mountable rack switches and their configurations, you have come to the right place. In today’s blog, we will tell you which rack-mountable switch is best for you, as well as walk you through its specifications and types. In terms of pricing, if you want an affordable product, you can go for Cisco 24 Port Switch-c2960x. It provides optimum performance for its price range and Cisco’s reliable network ensures top service in the long run. However, we are sure this guide will help you in getting the best rack-mount switch according to your requirements.
What are Rack Mountable switches?
As the name implies, rack-mount switches go within a framework known as a rack. These switches can be either standalone or stackable with swappable line cards. You can also configure them as part of an integrated system with multiple network switches. Rack mountable switches fit standard industry-size rack cabinets.
Furthermore, managed and unmanaged switches are the two types of switches. The critical distinction between these switches is in their automation features and functionalities.
Common Server Rack Size
Based on variable application requirements, different server rack sizes are present. The three common types of server racks are open-frame racks, rack enclosures, and wall-mount racks.
If you have a medium size rack, you can go for the Cisco 24 Port Switch-c2960x. It is an easy to maintain and affordable switch for a medium size setup.
What is the application of Rack Mount Switches?
Rack-mount network switches are usable in the following applications due to the benefits mentioned above.
- Manufacturing facilities
- Security and surveillance systems
- Data centers
These switches are ideal for all industrial applications that require high-density Ethernet connectivity, wide bandwidth, and long-distance communication in harsh environmental conditions.
What Are The Factors You Should Consider Before Purchasing Mounting Network Switches?
Rack-mount switches are well-known as the most critical networking device. They enable more efficient simultaneous data packet transmission than other networking devices. Also, these switches are suitable for mounting on a desktop or in a standard industrial enclosure. However, before installing these switches, it is critical to consider the following factors:
- Mechanical and Circuit Loading
What Are the Benefits of Rack-Mount Switches?
Switches cover all of your bases. They transmit data using the MAC addresses of the systems connected to the network. Rather than interpreting the data packet’s header information, they determine the device’s hardware address. This improves the accuracy and speed of data transmission. Apart from receiving and forwarding data based on MAC addresses, the following are some advantageous features that contribute to their popularity: Let’s take a closer look at them.
- Rack-mount network switches are ideal for industrial networks that require a great deal of flexibility because of their routing and switching capabilities. These switches can provide the most significant degree of flexibility. As a result, they are a preferred choice for various network segments. One segment, for example, could be a separate room, while another could be a production floor.
- These switches contribute to the network’s security. Rack-mount switches go in a protective metal cabinet, which adds an additional defense protection layer from the elements. These switches are resistant to harsh climates, pests, and other potential hazards. Unmanaged, rack-mountable switches have a lockable port cover that helps to ensure basic security and prevents direct device tampering. Managed switches, on the other hand, are outfitted with advanced features that detect and control active threats as well as protect data.
Some of the Best Switches You Can Find
We have the following switches for you to choose from:
Cisco 24 Port Switch-c2960x
It runs Cisco IOS software and supports both simple device management and network management. The Cisco Catalyst-c2960-X enables simple device onboarding, configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting. These fully managed switches can offer advanced Layer 2 and Layer 3 features and optional Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) power. They allow scalable, secure, and energy-efficient business operations with intelligent services and are great for operational simplicity to reduce the total cost of ownership. Also, they boost application visibility, network reliability, and network resiliency.
Cisco 24 port switch-c2960x Switches have the following features:
- 24 or 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports, providing line-rate forwarding performance.
- 4 fixed 1 Gigabit Ethernet Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) uplink or 2 fixed 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ uplinks provide
- PoE+ support with a power budget of up to 740W, as well as Perpetual PoE Cisco IOS LAN Base or LAN Lite1 and Cisco IOS IP Lite
- Power consumption is less, and it comes with advanced energy management features.
- Management interfaces for USB and Ethernet for easier operation
- Application visibility and capacity planning with Full (Flexible) NetFlow and NetFlowLite integration
- Cisco IOS software features for LAN Base or LAN Lite
The Cisco Catalyst 2960X-24PS-L Network Switch is a stackable Gigabit Ethernet switch with a fixed configuration that enables enterprise-class access for campus and branch applications. This Ethernet switch runs Cisco IOS software and allows for simple device and network management. It includes advanced Layer 2 and Layer 3 features, as well as PoE+ power as an option. The switches boost application visibility, network reliability, and network resiliency.
- PoE+ (370 W)
- 24 x 10/100/1000 (PoE+) + 4 x Gigabit SFP
What are the Procedures for Mounting Network Switches on a Rack?
You can easily mount network switches on the rank assembly by following these simple steps:
- Ascertain that you have all of the necessary mounting accessories. Using rack-mounting screws, attach the provided brackets to the switch. Secure the lower rack-mounting screw first. This prevents the bracket from bending due to the weight of the switch.
- If you only need to mount one switch in the rack assembly, you can connect the power cord directly. Install each network switch sequentially and connect them to the power source if you want to install more than one.
- Connect the switch rack to the power source once you have finished mounting all the network switches within the rack assembly. Check that you have the correct type of power supply for your configuration.
Switches, whether rack-mountable switches or otherwise, are an essential component of every network. While unmanaged switches are often sufficient, managed switches are better for complex and large networks. However, managed switches like the Cisco 24 Port Switch-c2960x must be maintained or repaired by a networking professional. Overall, rack-mountable switches are unquestionably advantageous in a variety of ways. If you intend to expand your existing networking with the ideal networking device, you must find a reliable, trustworthy guide to point you in the right direction by understanding your application needs.
Since the server rack does not have enough flexibility and scalability, you must plan carefully for server rack sizes. Also, consider the dimensions and shape of the server racks. In terms of quality, InterNative Supply provides sturdy cabinets at a reasonable price. We are prepared to provide you with the best solution possible. So, do not wait any longer and get your hands on the best rack right now with us.