Cascais is a beautiful coastal town located on the west coast of Portugal, known for its stunning beaches, historic architecture, and lively atmosphere. It’s no surprise that many people are drawn to the area, and property in Cascais is highly sought after. In this guide, we will provide you with everything you need to know about buying property in Cascais, including the best areas to invest in, types of properties available, and tips for making a successful purchase.
Best Areas to Invest in Cascais
Cascais has several neighborhoods that are highly desirable for property buyers. Here are a few of the best areas to invest in:
- Cascais Center: This is the heart of cascais property and one of the most popular areas for tourists and locals alike. The center is home to many shops, restaurants, and cafes, as well as historic landmarks like the Cascais Citadel and the Cascais Palace. Properties in the center tend to be on the higher end of the price spectrum, but they offer a convenient location and easy access to all that Cascais has to offer.
- Estoril: Located just west of Cascais, Estoril is known for its luxurious properties and upscale lifestyle. The area is home to several golf courses, a casino, and a beautiful beach. Estoril is a popular choice for those seeking a high-end lifestyle, with properties ranging from apartments to villas.
- Quinta da Marinha: This exclusive neighborhood is located between Cascais and the nearby town of Sintra. It’s known for its luxurious properties, including many large villas and estates. The area is home to a golf course and several equestrian centers, making it a great choice for those who enjoy outdoor activities.
Types of Properties Available in Cascais
Cascais offers a variety of property types to suit different preferences and budgets. Here are some of the most common types of properties available:
- Apartments: Apartments are a popular choice in Cascais, with options ranging from small studios to large luxury apartments. Many apartments in the area offer beautiful views of the sea or the mountains, and some are located in historic buildings that have been renovated for modern living.
- Villas: Villas are a great choice for those seeking a spacious and luxurious property. Cascais has many villas available, ranging from traditional Portuguese-style homes to modern, minimalist designs. Villas often come with large gardens or pools, making them ideal for those who love outdoor living.
- Townhouses: Townhouses are a popular choice for those who want more space than an apartment but don’t want the maintenance and upkeep of a villa. Cascais has many townhouses available, often located in gated communities with shared amenities like pools and gardens.
Tips for Buying Property in Cascais
Buying property in Cascais can be a complex process, especially for those who are not familiar with the Portuguese property market. Here are a few tips to help make the process smoother:
- Work with a local real estate agent: A local real estate agent can provide invaluable insights into the Cascais property market and help you find the right property for your needs and budget. Look for an agent with experience working with international buyers and who speaks your language fluently.
- Consider the costs of buying property in Portugal: In addition to the purchase price of the property, buyers in Portugal should also consider additional costs like property transfer tax, stamp duty, and legal fees. Your real estate agent can help you understand these costs and budget accordingly.
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage: If you plan to finance your purchase with a mortgage, it’s a good idea to get pre-approved before you start property hunting. This can help you understand how much you can afford to spend and make your offer more attractive to sellers.
- Conduct a thorough property inspection: Before making an offer on a property, be sure to conduct a thorough inspection to identify any potential issues or necessary repairs. This can help you avoid unexpected expenses down the line.
- Consider the location: The location of the property is an important consideration when buying in Cascais. Look for properties that are close to amenities like shops, restaurants, and public transportation, as well as areas of natural beauty like beaches and parks.
- Be prepared to negotiate: It’s common to negotiate on the price of a property in Portugal, so be prepared to make an offer and negotiate with the seller. Your real estate agent can help you navigate this process and ensure that you get the best possible deal.
Cascais is a beautiful and highly sought after location for property buyers. With its stunning beaches, historic architecture, and lively atmosphere, it’s no surprise that so many people are drawn to the area. Whether you’re looking for an apartment, villa, or townhouse, there are plenty of options available in Cascais to suit different budgets and preferences. By working with a local real estate agent, considering the costs involved, and conducting a thorough inspection, you can make a successful purchase and enjoy all that this beautiful town has to offer.